Re !

Re everybody !

I've been away for some time (since just before 2.14 release to be
precise), and although I managed to read the mailing list from time to
time, I have just not had the chance to get anything done.

In the past few months I've moved 50km south, from where I lived in
eastern France, to just above La Rochelle. Finally I have my brand new -
slower than ever - ADSL connection up and running smoothly and am back
to tinker where I may. Although to you here I may have seemed to have
completely vanished, Internet access permitting, I've been doing a bit
of editing both on the Wikipedia and the Ubuntu Wiki.

In passing, I'm just going to mention that the Wikipedia has an
extensive series of articles on GNOME [1], both about the desktop itself
and GNOME applications. I view it as a good a place as any to help
people discover and learn about GNOME. Although I am a die hard Gentoo
user, I currently view Ubuntu as having the potential to finally drag a
libre software desktop into the mainstream - to me this is essential.
Ubuntu is more and more a major showcase for GNOME, and their
documentation being on par with ours, they need any help they can get ;)
[2].

Anyhow, armed with my new office in my countryside abode, I'm raving to
get my teeth into some more documentation madness. In the next few days
I'm planning on getting an overview of the whole documentation situation
while taking a mop and bucket to the wiki.

Wishing you all happy hacking,

love, Karderio

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME
    - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:GNOME