Re: Keyboard shortcut prefs - can we close this bug ?

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 13:31 +0100, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> --- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Doh ! Sorry.
>
> No problem :)
>
> > Maybe we could just explain the shortcuts
> > configurable in the Keyboard
> > Shortcuts preference tool here, and have a separate
> > section for the
> > other general, non configurable shortcuts...
>
> Indeed.
> But we need to know where the list of these shortcuts
> is. Presumably there is somewhere on the system a file
> that this preftool gets the list from.

The shortcuts are defined in the source code of metacity.
See
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/metacity/src/prefs.c?view=markup
See towards the end of the file (around %60) or search for any of the
strings from

static MetaSimpleKeyMapping screen_string_bindings[] = {
  { META_KEYBINDING_WORKSPACE_LEFT,         "<Control><Alt>Left"         },
  { META_KEYBINDING_WORKSPACE_RIGHT,        "<Control><Alt>Right"        },

You may also find useful the file
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/metacity/src/metacity.schemas.in?view=markup

Simos