Re: Documentation for next cycle

--- Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:

> Brent Smith wrote:
> > Two things I would like to see in the
> documentation for next cycle:
> >
> > * New file permissions functionality in Nautilus
> (Christian blogged
> > about this here:
> http://blogs.gnome.org/view/cneumair/2006/03/06/0)

I'll expand the section on item properties to cover
this, and also update the 'Changing Permissions'
section.

> > * Autostart spec  - Rodrigo Moya is a good contact
> for this
> > (spec is here:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Standards_2fautostart_2dspec)

Looks way too advanced for me!

> Also, Matthew East has pointed out that there is no
> printing
> documentation in bug 346395

I can add a brief mention of where to find the
Printers window.
But there is currently no way for the user to get help
from the Printer window itself. I'd like some sort of
indication that the maintainer of that is willing and
able to add a Help menu item to link to new
documentation before we write it.
I am still feeling stung by my work on the GTK fileselector.

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html