Re: New recruit, help needed in choosing project

What you say is indeed rather meaningless. Virtually every XML
document conforms to some DTD, which lists allowed tags, nesting of
them, etc. DocBook documents are XML files conforming to a DocBook
DTD; this DTD was produced by OASIS. There is also a DTD for SGML, but
it is rarely used nowadays. See
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch01.html
for details.