Translator credits in docs - HOW to do it

Hi guys,
I am interested in the way translator credits should be done in the translation
of docs.

As I understand the system:
1. We have docs in a subset of XML docbook.
2. Strings (which are XML fragments) are extracted from there - on a paragraph
by paragraph basis.
3. When translating - the XML fragments should stay valid XMl fragments because
they will be included in an XML document. This means - proper nesting of tags,
closing open tags, not using special characters like "<" unescaped (instead of
"<" we should use the &lt; entity).
4. This obviously does not apply to the credits for translations of docs, for
there is a special syntax:
NAME <EMAIL>, YEAR1, YEAR2.

I would believe that the syntax is more lax, something like the following regexp:
([^<, ]+ )*[^< ]+ <[^>]+>,( \d\d\d\d,)* \d\d\d\d.
Then:
 * Either it is included in a CDATA section
 * Or it is included and then there is a (?XSLT?) transformation turning this
into valid XML

In the Bulgarian Gnome translation team we have standartized on the following
way of writing the credits:

Translatorname In Bulgarian <e-mail server com>

The Bulgarian Gnome translation project needs your help.
Learn more about us here http://gnome.cult.bg
Report bugs here http://gnome.cult.bg/bugs

Could I write the translation credits in such a way? I could include the years
of translation if necessary, but we would like to give the links to our site and
the bug tracking database we use.

Any ideas?

Best regards:
al_shopov