Re: Updated Nautilus Section v2

--- John Stowers <john stowers lists gmail com> wrote:
> OK here is the updated Nautilus section again. I
> have completed much/all of
> what I set out to do. It needs another look over to
> check the new sections
> which I added are OK.

Great stuff! :)
I've just about finished going through this. I'll
commit tomorrow morning, probably.
(Someone please kick me if I forget to add the new
images to CVS...)

> While there are visibly a lot more screenshots a few
> are used multiple
> times, e.g. naut_browser_mode to demonstrate icon
> view and browser mode.
> Obviously the final decision regarding if these new
> screenshots should be
> kept or not is up to be but I have tried hard to
> ensure that any screenshots
> I have introduced show something valuable.

I agree with your screenshot selection.
For things such as a comparison between spatial and
browser mode, the user has to go round the houses to
get two windows side by side to get an idea of the
differences. A pair of screenshots does the job
nicely.

Just one thing though, and this is only if you have
time as it's not a biggie: could you redo the two
screenshots for the list mode vs icon mode comparison,
but in spatial mode please?
I see this would actually involve a new screenshot, as
you're reusing the browser mode example for one of
them, but there are two good reasons: spatial mode is
the GNOME default, and also because spatial mode
doesn't have toolbars etc the screenshot would show
more in the same size image.
Anyway, if you don't have time, don't bother.

Is john stowers lists gmail com the email address you
want to go in the document author list?

thanks again for your work

Joachim

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com