Re: tooltips are also strings

Hi Christian,

Today at 9:09, Christian Neumair wrote:

> I used to be a translator for three years, so I'm aware of that fact,
> and I didn't reuse the old strings by accident. However, I'm introducing
> new tooltips which fall into the definition of new strings, so approval
> is needed, at least that's how I interpret our rules.

I know that Christian, so this was my answer for you:

> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 18:20 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:

>> Why wasn't it possible to do this prior to string freeze?  If it
>> amounted to these 8 new strings in the string freeze which add a new
>> feature at the same time, it'd be a "no" from me regarding i18n :)

Or, there is _no_ approval for 4 new strings in Nautilus (sorry if I
have been confusing).

String freeze is not the right time for adding new features with new
strings, IMHO.  Except for important bug-fixes, since we are early in the
freeze, I plan to approve also some UI-review fixes and simple
spelling fixes.

Cheers,
Danilo