Re: writind docs for gparted

--- karderio <karderio gmail com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 12:43 +0100, Larry tb wrote:
> > As one can see on the index.htm, there are few
> releases in three ways :
> > Howto resize NTFS using GPARTED
> > Howto resize EXT3 using GPARTED
> > GPARTED Genral doc (with like to the other points)
> > LIVECD docs.
> >
> > thank you for any help one could give ...

> If you intend on making this into online
> documentation (use with the
> GNOME help browser) might I suggest reading the GDP
> Style Guide
> http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/ .
> This contains some
> rather strict guidelines for GNOME documentation. Be
> warned that the
> style guide is a little out of date however :(
>
> To me, the documentation on you site would seem more
> like an online
> (web) presentation/tutorial.

Karderio's right, the material you have so far looks
more like a tutorial than documentation.
Still, it's a start :)
What I suggest we do is put the text you've written so
far onto a new page in the gnome wiki, and we can than
start working on it together.

> when run under GNOME, the liveCD instructions are no
use,
> although it could
> be mentioned that a liveCD version exists and is
> obtainable from the gparted website.

Yes, we should put a note in that if the user wishes
to resize partitions used by the system, they should
obtain a LiveCD.