Re: Yelp TOC

On 01/04/2006, at 4:27 AM, Don Scorgie wrote:

So, anyone want to go first? How should we go about changing Yelp to be
better at giving information to the user?

I don't know if it does this yet, because I haven't been able to get it to work, but:

* Display translated manpages which will display in the terminal.

e.g. when I type in the terminal:

man find

I get my translation of that manpage, because I've set my manconf and I'm running groff-utf8.

I'm running Yelp 2.6.1-15 on Mac OSX 10.4.5. I've just checked fink which says I can install Yelp 2.12.2-2, so I'm doing that now.

So possibly my current version is somewhat behind the curve. Yelp is only listing Gnome Doc. Build utilities, Gnome Doc. XLST manual and Writing Scrollkeeper OMF files. I think manpages in Yelp were recent, so I'll see what I get with this new install.

My aim is to make sure that Gnome users can access any translated manpages which already work for them in the terminal. That's a lot simpler than making sure they can access them if they're on the disk, which is the next step. ;)

(And the step after that is getting the translated manpages onto the disk...)