Re: What do you use for DocBook editing?

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 20:09 -0700, lhandf wrote:
> Hello, I was wondering what kind of editor (other than vi/emacs and
> the like) do you use, if any? I am thinking of helping out with the
> documentations, but I thought I would ask about any tips and tricks
> you might have.
>
> Thanks, Louis

Well, I didn't write the existing documentation, and like Anjuta for
it's "smarter" indentation, but Gedit is also pretty nice.

I personally use GNU indentation style, where each "level" is indented
two spaces, and the tab character is the equivalent of 8 spaces. Anjuta
allows one to make the tab key on the keyboard insert two spaces instead
of the tab character, and automatically replaces empty spaces with tab
characters (an 8-space tab takes one byte of space, whereas 8 spaces
take 8 bytes). It's kinda complicated but I like it.

I'm not really aware of any "graphical" editors for docbook, I'm afraid.
Conglomerate <http://www.conglomerate.org> exists, but it's too slow and
a little strange for my tastes.

--
Peace,

    James M. Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv/

    "`The culture of life,' it seems, is a culture of promoting
     life when it does not actually exist, and abandoning it
     when it does."
       -- M. Junaid Alam, Left Hook"