Re: Bounty: Live Documentation Editing

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 00:00 -0400, Eduardo M. Gonzalez wrote:
> I'm also interested in (and applied for) that bounty.  Which is the main
> problem with bounties, that they discourage collaboration.

You'll get better results with collaboration and therefore more chance
of success.

> The difference between the DocBook wiki and the goal of Live
> Documentation is that there's no integration between the documentation
> and the source-code.  I'm planning on being able to parse C/C++/C#/Java
> files that use doxygen

Doxygen can generate XML instead of just HTML, so this might be useful,
particularly with some kind of xml-diff tool.

However, most GNOME documentation doesn't use Doxygen. gtkmm does, but
GTK+ uses gtk-doc for reference documentation.

And we mostly use DocBook for high-level documentation.