Re: Bounty: Live Documentation Editing

I'm also interested in (and applied for) that bounty.  Which is the main
problem with bounties, that they discourage collaboration.

The difference between the DocBook wiki and the goal of Live
Documentation is that there's no integration between the documentation
and the source-code.  I'm planning on being able to parse C/C++/C#/Java
files that use doxygen and generating diff files so that it'd be easy
for developers to keep their code up to date with the documentation.
Live Documentation needs to know about functions and objects, and be
able to offer the developer more than just a wiki.  Adding a rating and
comment system can provide the developer with valuable feedback for
future versions of the library.  GNOME doesn't really have API
designers, but this can make up for it.

I have a lot of ideas for this project but I want to ask the developers
what they would be interested in.  For example I was thinking about
adding a forum for every section so that people with questions could ask
right there, but I think mailing-lists are a better place for that.

My current ideas are:
Links to GNOME ViewCVS
Discussion board
Notes (tips/tricks/bug workarounds)
Tags (incomplete, depreciated)
Translations
Importing from Python docstrings

(Note that all of these things are separate from the actual
documentation and will be either tabs or links.  So they will not show
up when you export the documentation to DocBook, or diff.)

I'll see if I can get a quick mock-up  by this weekend based on
everyones ideas.