Re: Fwd: Gnome User Guide

What about to OpenOffice.org, any one know if there exist a utility to convert text (OpenDocument is a XML version) to a DocBook?

2005/12/14, Stefan Kost <ensonic hora-obscura de>:
Hi,

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml
http://www.xmlmind.net/xmleditor/_download/xxe-std-30p1.tar.gz
> I tried Conglomerate, which looks very nice but
> crashed almost immediately... back to bugzilla!

I've tried it once and though the same - looks good, but needs time.
>> Developers probably continue to use their text
>> editor ;) (like me)
>>

> Same here.
> Though which text editor?
> Gedit lacks features such as removing/adding
> indentation, and its handling of line endings makes it
> a real pain to move things around in a file.
> Bluefish is ok, once I've turned off most of the spare
> toolbar clutter and got over the dialog buttons being
> the wrong way round. But it doesn't respond to basic
> stuff like dragging a file from nautilus to open it.

I use JEdit. It a cool editor. Again java. I was working on java project
at some time and quickly became contributor for this editor. Still using
it as it has mighty features. My favorite is that you can run search
replace recursively over files mathcing a glob, searching for an regexp
and replacing it with a beanshell snippet which can acces the regexp
matches as objects. beanshell is sort of an java interpreter (example:
_1.toUpper() would replace the first atch of the regexp with an
uppercase representation). ;)
The editor has good XML/XSLT support.

Stefan