Re: Fwd: Gnome User Guide

are you aware of

It's an java based xml editor with WYSIWYG. The standard edition is free.
I belive its a good way to lower the barrier to write DocBook for the not so technical minded.

Developers probably continue to use their text editor ;) (like me)

Joachim Noreiko wrote:
--- Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:

I begin to work in the Wiki, On Windows for the
moment, but I'll continue to
work in other areas.

I'll get started putting your text into the DocBook
and submit a patch.
I particularly like the way you've removed 'Dialog
windows are associated with interactive processes.'
That sentence deserves to die painfully. :)

Are there any work around to have this kind of
colaborative work in the
documentation in other projects?

I think that there is a long-term goal to have the
master copy of the documentation in a sort of wiki
that can produce both the HTML for viewing on the web,
and the DocBook for building into GNOME.
I suspect that is a very long way off.

It's also a bit of a chicken and egg situation:
without good tools to write docs, people are put off
from helping because they lack the technical know-how
or it's too much of a hassle to set up and get
started. And with rubbish out-dated documentation,
there isn't much incentive to improve the tools that
go around it.

___________________________________________________________ How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos
gnome-doc-list mailing list
gnome-doc-list gnome org