Re: ui and string changes in gnome-volume-manager

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 11:04 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> any update on this?
>
> Vincent Untz wrote:

> > > Ooh, looks much prettier.  :-)  I tend towards approving but want to
> > > hear how it would affect documentation and translation first...adding
> > > Shaun to the cc list.
> > >

> > Just fixing the gnome-i18n address and adding gnome-doc-list so we get a
> > faster answer ;-)

This is a UI and string change, which means you need two release
team approvals and an i18n team approval, IIRC.  And I can't give
you any of them.  But I'll weigh in, since the release team will
probably take that into consideration in their decisions.

This is a very obvious and very noticeable change.  It is not the
sort of change that I would normally want to see happen this late
in the release cycle.  For the record, I think the new dialogs are
a hell of a lot better, but it's just so late.

That said, our documentation is so horribly out of date that this
change wouldn't affect me in the slightest right now.  So from a
purely practical perspective, this poses no real problems for the
documentation team (but only because we have bigger problems).

But I really doubt the i18n team wants to approve this sort of
change this late in the release cycle.

--
Shaun