Can we lose the docs@ address?

I'm sure everyone on gnome-doc-list is fed up of all the viruses
which are getting onto the list. I have noticed that many of
them are coming via the alias at gnome.org which is just "docs".
Sending to that automatically sends to gnome-doc-list, I think,
without checking anything about the email.

There is already a way to add yourself to a "can post without
needing approval to any mailing list on gnome.org" list. And
I have forgotten it, but I can dig it out if anyone needs to
know it. So docs@ is completely unnecessary these days...

...unless it's in the documentation we have written, of course :)

If it's not mentioned anywhere, then, can we lose this address?
We are getting tons and tons of virus-generated email through it.

Telsa

PS Sent this to docs   Let's see where it ends up.