Re: Gnome Development Site

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:38:10PM -0500 or thereabouts, Michael Henson wrote:
> Hello,
> I am very interested in helping to rework the Gnome developer site,
> specifically the documentation section. It seems to have grown rather
> crufty over the years and is in need of a good reorganization. I think
> it would be a great benefit to the community if the developer site could
> function as a one stop shop for all information on developing for gnome,
> regardless of the language used for the skill level of the developer.
>
> I was wondering if there were any current efforts going on in this area,
> or barring any -- what course of action I should take to begin work on
> this.

The web gang generally hang out on the gnome-web-list mailing
list (mailman, probably listed on the same place you found this
list). There are lots of plans to improve the site(s), but I don't
follow things well enough to know what they are doing in what
order. They are the people to ask about plans and how to help.

The web site is largely generated from CVS, so you can check
out the relevant modules and see how they work currently.
I think the right module for developer.gnome.org is "web-devel-2".
It certainly contains a README with a reasonably recent date
which tells you how it works and how to generate your own copy
to play with.

There are a couple of bugs about "make a one-stop page for
development information" in Bugzilla. Of course, I have forgotten
their numbers, but they are against product:website and I presume
component:d.g.o.

Hope this helps.

Telsa