Re: How do I access the scripts and media fuctions in GNOME 2.6?

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 02:37, Brian Casey wrote:
> I am currently updating the GNOME User Guide for the Community 2.6
> release. I have the latest community build from Sun but can't see the
> following functions:
>
> - Writing CDs  ( Choose Go -> CD Creator )

This is now Places -> CD Creator.

> - Using Removable Media   (Right-click on the desktop, then choose
> Disks)

All the removable media is under Computer.  You can right-click a device
and choose Mount Volume to mount it.  Or if you double-click the device,
Nautilus will try to mount it as it opens the window.  Mounted devices
then also show up on your desktop.

> - Running Scripts From the File Manager (Choose File -> Scripts)

This one has been sort of intentionally obscured.  Nautilus won't show
the Scripts submenu unless you have scripts already installed, so the
feature is hidden.  The scripts directory is

~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/

If you have an executable file in there, then the Scripts submenu will
show up as it did before.  Since the feature is hidden, it should be in
the documentation, since that's the only people will ever find out about
it.  But it is intended to be hidden, so the documentation should really
reflect that.  Maybe mark it as an advanced topic or something.

Thanks for working on this.

--
Shaun