Re: Updated Glade manual now in CVS HEAD.

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 14:19, Patrick Costello wrote:

> I have included all of your technical comments into the latest version of
> the Glade Manual and put the final version back into CVS HEAD as well as
> into the gnome-2-branch for Glade.

Thanks for that.

> - Regarding the overall strategy of one Help manual or three, this is what
> I think we should do:
>
> 	o In Help, I think there should be only one manual, i.e. the main Help
> manual.
> 	o I think the Turbo Start and FAQ should be removed from Help.
> 	o I think that the Turbo Start and FAQ are useful documents, but that they
> should be located in 		  a Glade-specific part of gnome.developer.org.
> 	o I think that the Help manual should provide a ulink to the Turbo Start
> and the FAQ in the 			  gnome.developer.org location.
>
> If we follow this strategy, then users still get the benefit of the Turbo
> Start and the FAQ, but we do not have to be so rigorous about the stylistic
> compliance of the content, or about updating these documents for each Glade
> revision or GNOME Desktop revision.

I think I'll just remove the Turbo Start altogether, since it is pretty
old.

But I don't think I can really remove the FAQ. It is meant to cover the
most common problems people have, so should be easily available from
within Glade. I may reformat it though, since yelp seems to have
problems with the DocBook tags used.

Damon