Re: [gnome-doc] which word to use : Rhythmbox or Music Player
- From: Baptiste Mille-Mathias <baptiste millemathias gmail com>
- To: ewajacobs <ewajacobs home nl>
- Cc: gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-doc] which word to use : Rhythmbox or Music Player
- Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:55:56 +0200
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:43:02 +0200, ewajacobs <ewajacobs home nl> wrote:
> With all due respect, the average enduser isn't a moron. They know what
> programs like xchat, epiphany etc do. And when they do not, one little
> click will end another mistery...
> I just don't get the point of this 'n00byfying' users.
it's not my own position but it's required by the GNome HIG (Human
IMHO It's not a noobyfication, it's a convenient choose :
1. I prefer that person refers to a function rather than a name, when
they deals with applications. Such of things give the problem that on
Windows world, people know and know to use Excel, but not spreadsheet
2. Imagine you're a Gnome first time runner; if in the menu there only
entries like Rhythmbox, Xchat, how do you know what the kind of
software is it ? You're obliged to launch all the application to see
that rhythmbox is a musi player, and so on.
I'll hope you'll understand my thoughs as my english is far from perfect.
] [Thread Prev