Re: Yelp

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:19:35PM +0000 or thereabouts, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 20:55, Aaron Weber wrote:
> > I'd like it if you would really consider just printing the HTML, even
> > if it's only a stopgap measure. We need to think not only of "What is
>
> I'd second that.  I've been involved in a couple of usability tests on
> help systems over the years, and I don't recall anyone ever printing out
> a help page (or even asking if it was possible), even though they had
> the opportunity to do so.  Doesn't seem worth spending a lot of time on,

I can recall multiple "how can I print the entire Gnome User Guide
off, it's taking me hours to print it page by page from my browser"
questions coming to this list, actually.

Less often these days, but as soon as we had an HTML version (and,
I think, trouble with the DSSSL to make a PDF or PS version), we
started getting these requests. Sasha might know more about then
this was, because I think he was the one who had the fun of
putting it all together at the time.

Telsa