Re: GNOME User Guide

I have removed the following files from the User Guide:

- The w*.xml wrapper files
- front.xml, which was part of the wrapper implementation
- The OMF files that referred to the w*.xml files

So the UG should now display as one book.

Attached is a list of Help buttons that will now need to change.

Shaun, I am assuming that the names need to change to user-guide.xml -
if that's not the case, let me know.

Eugene

Shaun McCance wrote:

> Yes, Help buttons will have to be changed in quite a few places.  Which
> means that sooner would be better.  We don't want to wait until the day
> before hard code freeze to push those through.  It should be easy enough
> to find all the buttons that do this with a little grep action.
>
> --
> Shaun
>
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 08:45, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> > Yes, we'd like to do this for GNOME 2.6. The only thing is, many Help
> > buttons point to the w* file rather than to user-guide.xml, so doing
> > this change will involve changes to approximately 60 Help buttons or
> > links.
> >
> > I need to figure out when is the best time to make this change - I'll
> > get back to the list on this by the end of the week. But it is a
> > question of when rather than if, and I expect this change to be in GNOME
> > 2.6.
> >
> > Eugene
> >
> > John Fleck wrote:

> > > I would like to see this if possible. The current weirdness is an
> > > endless source of confusion.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > John

Title: Section IDs for Help Buttons Linking to GNOME User Guide

Section IDs for Help Buttons Linking to User Guide

Items in red = Help link might not be present yet.

Interface Item

Help Button Required In

Was

Change to