Re: An introduction

Hi Shaun,

I am a Program Manager working in Sun and I have been working closely with the tech pubs team in Sun for about a year now. I've been on the gnome-doc-list alias for a while, but I haven't contributed as I'm not a tech writer and generally haven't had much to say, until now

You seem to think that there is work going on in Sun that you don't know about. Why are you worried about "secret work going on" in Sun? The Sun documentation team have always been very upfront about the projects they are working on, the existing doctable says it all. How many other contributors routinely announce what they plan to do in advance on the gnome-doc-list, then include the information in the doctable, then announce that they have done putbacks?

You are correct when you say "we can always review whatever's completed". ALL the
documentation that has been completed by Sun has been putback to the community in a timely manner. There is no point in making a half-completed document available for review.

Bear in mind that the Sun GNOME release is always behind the community but even so the tech pubs team have always managed to fullfil their commitment to the community by keeping their documentation up to date for the community releases.

Dee