Release schedule slip

Hi Jeff,

just noticed in the GNOME Summary today that the release schedule has
slipped. The two groups most affected by this slip are the writers and
translators, as you have kindly stated that "Translation and
documentation can continue". However, people in these groups may not
have heard about the slip if they are not on desktop-devel-list or if
they don't get the GNOME Summary.

Can you please copy gnome-doc-list gnome org and gnome-i18n gnome org on
all future announcements about the release schedule?

Thanks a million :)
Breda.

<snip>

> 2. Release Update/Schedule Slip
>
> Jeff Waugh, release coordinator for the GNOME releases gives us an
> update on
> the current GNOME release schedule. The schedule has been updated to
> take into
> account a two week slip in our release schedule due to a less than
> stellar test
> release dependability and waiting on a stable release of GTK+. Owen and
> the
> GTK+ team will be meeting next week to discuss the GTK+ schedule and the
> GNOME
> release schedule - which will be adapted to accommodate whatever plans
> become
> known from that meeting.
> Jeff states besides that, things are looking pretty solid, and the bug
> squad
> team has been doing a damn good job of applying bug spray to GNOME bugs.
> Jeff
> also notes that none of the freeze dates have changed due to the slip.
>

> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-February/
> msg00322.html

<snip>