Re: GNOME User Documentation 2.5.0 (IMPORTANT)

Hi Shaun,

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 22:37, Shaun McCance wrote:
> GNOME User Documentation 2.5.0
> ==============================
>
> IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT!
> Please read this release announcement if you maintain any component
> which links to the GNOME User Guide.
>
> Version 2.5.0 of the GNOME User Documentation has been released.  This
> release does not yet have updated content for 2.6.  The only change in
> this release is that the GNOME User's Guide is now installed as a single
> document, rather than by chapter.
>
> Any links (including Help buttons in applications) which point to the
> old wgos* documents should now be updated to point to user-guide.  This
> release creates symlinks to user-guide.xml for each wgos* file that was
> in previous releases, so links may still work correctly.  However, your
> links will only go to the correct location in the document if you are
> using an anchor in a URL, or passing a string for the link_id argument
> in the gnome_help_display_ functions.
>
> Please, update all links and buttons to the User Guide.

	What specifically does "update" mean ? How do I know what to "update"
to ?

	If someone had the time it would probably make sense for that person to
blaze a path across the entire desktop and update all the links in one
go. That way, in two years time we won't still be finding links which
haven't been updated ...

Cheers,
Mark.