Re: GNOME PDF Viewer application manual

Hi,

Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Rémi Cohen-Scali um 02:37:
> Section 2.1:  To Start GNOME PDF Viewer
> "Choose Graphics -> PDF File Viewer"

> Section 3.5: To View Bookmarks or Thumbnails
> "1. Choose View -> Side Pane."
> Side Pane is now Sidebar.

(Yes; those are recent changes.)

> Section 3.9: To Work With Password-Protected PDF Documents
> I wonder wether a note should explains that gpdf do not make any
> difference between user & master passwords ?

i.e. you enter both types of password in the same dialog.

> Martin what do you think ?

Yes, it would be nice to add a sentence stating that fact. Otherwise,
the section about two levels of password might be confusing.

--- additional comments

Section 3.4 (Page Size): View->Best Fit doesn't resize the page to have
the same width and height as the display area, but resizes the page so
that it fits in the available area.

View->Full Screen: restoring the window size is also possible with the
F11 and Escape keys (after 0.122, but before GNOME 2.6).

Section 3.5 (Sidebar): I relabelled the Thumbnails sidebar "Pages"
because for many PDF-files gpdf can show only an overview of pages, and
not thumbnails of the page contents.

Section 3.7 (Printing): Maybe add a note that printing might be disabled
because the author of the file didn't allow it.

Printer: The printer "Create a PDF Document" is not supported by gpdf.

Settings->Configure: duplex printing can be enabled/disabled here if the
printer supports it.

Location: CUPS is missing. If the selected printer is a CUPS printer,
CUPS is the only entry in this drop-down list.

Location File: change "print file" to "PostScript file". gpdf can only
generate PostScript files when printing to a file.

Location Custom: not "print to a particular location", but "print using
a particular program" (e.g. lpr with extra command line arguments)

State/Type/Comment: the dialog is a stock dialog, I don't know what
these labels are for. As far as I can see, they are always empty. Hmm...

> Breda McColgan wrote:
>
> >Hello Martin and Remi,
> >
> >I am working with Chee Bin HOH to update the online reference manual for
> >the GNOME PDF Viewer application for GNOME 2.6.

Thank you.

	Martin