Re: Draft User Guide Chapter - Working with Files

Stuart Ellis wrote:
This available in DocBook format here:

http://www.se.clara.net/gnome/workingwithfiles.xml

Please note that there are a few items that need tidying up, mostly
things I couldn't document because the functionality isn't yet working
in my GARNOME build. These are enclosed in [FIXTHIS] markers.

I also found a number of validity errors, mostly because <listitem>s aren't wrapped in <para> tags. Also, an extra ">" near line 667.

Otherwise, looks great! Thanks for the effort:)

Cheers,
Mark

The most problematic is the new auto-mounting magic of
gnome-volume-manager:  the User Guide probably has to cover both what
happens when it is operational, and what ought to happen when it isn't. I guess that some GNOME 2.8 users will be on OSes that won't support
hal/dbus at all.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

<hobd> --
Stuart Ellis