Re: Contribution of Sun documentation team to the GDP.

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 22:47 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 18:07, Dodji Seketeli wrote:
>
> > > More ideal would be using a revision control system that supports
> > > distributed development and easy repeated merging of branches ;)
> >
> > May I suggest GNU ARCH ? ;)
>
> You may of course, but I intentionally didn't mention it specifically.
> I just wanted to raise awareness that the kind of problem Mark was
> describing has been solved today by several free software revision
> control systems, and it might be useful to give consideration to one of
> them.

Also note that DocBook does have some built-in capability for having
elements that are specific to particular distributions.  See the arch,
os, and vender attributes:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ref-elements.html#common.attributes

Yelp doesn't currently do anything with these, but it could, if we
decided we wanted to do that.  Honestly, though, I'm not sure how well
such a system would work for us.

Re-added gnome-doc-list to the CC, since this pertains directly to how
we do our docs.  The thread has continued quite a bit in gnome-doc-list
without desktop-devel-list CC'd, and I'll do the same in the future.
Anybody interested should take it to gnome-doc-list.

--
Shaun