Re: Apostrophes

Patrick Costello wrote:

No mistake, but perhaps not as clear as possible. What we really want to do
is to discourage people from using 's to denote possession, and to spell
out full words rather than using contractions. Both of these grammar points
are perfectly fine in English-language source material meant for
English-language native readers. However, the disadvantages are as follows:
Ah, sorry for not quite understanding. I should have refrained from posting the question, until I'd read the rest of the document!

Thanks, Pat and Telsa, for the clarification.

--

Cheers,

Matthew Revell.

www.lugradio.org - radio for Linux and open source fans