Re: DocBook DTD Versions

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 03:29:36PM -0400, Alexander Winston wrote:
> I noticed that many DocBook documents do not have the most up-to-date
> DTD version--4.2. Is this the desired behavior?

Yes.  The GDP recommends using the DocBook XML V4.1.2 DTD in user
documentation.  Our stylesheets do not account for the new elements in
DocBook XML V4.2 so using those elements might not display the user
documentation as expected.  Shaun is working on a complete rewrite of
the stylesheeets for Yelp and the web.  After the DocBook V4.1.2
elements are complete he might work on the additional elements in
V4.2.  If you wish to help shaun on the stylesheets they are in the
CVS yelp module under the yelp-transformation branch.

Eric Baudais

--
They give you illusion that has the appearance of truth.  I give you
truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion.