Re: ulink with GET data

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 11:36, Joseph Monti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written documentation in scrollkeeper docbook xml for use in
> gnome-help (Yelp) and need to link to a page with GET data embedded in
> the URL. (like http://www.host.com/file.php?var1=val1&var2=val2).
>
> The problem is that the link in Yelp doesnt send the GET data, it just
> takes me to http://www.host.com/file.php
>
> This is what I have tried
>
> <ulink type="http"
> url="http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=803355&amp;forum_id=54657";>link</ulink>
>
> Here is a link to the full xml file:
>
> 	http://www.tgpr.org/grubconf.xml

Joe -

I don't have an answer, except to say that it appears to have something
to do with the way Yelp is passing the URL to the browser. The generated
html is correct:

****************
                For a complete list of known issues, consult this
                <a
href="http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=803355&amp;forum
_id=54657"
target="_top">http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=803355&amp;forum
_id=54657</a>.
****************

I'd suggest filing a bug report in bugzilla on this.

Cheers,
John

P.S. Your docbook also wasn't valid - extraneous text in the DTD
declaration.
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sliced bread wasn't an innovation. Sliced pizza was. I mean, can you
 imagine eating a family sized unsliced pizza?"
 - Jeff Waugh