Re: updating the docs on web page

Sasha says:

> Hi guys:
> in anticipation of 2.2.1 release, we might want to update docs on
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/. I believe Pat and Eugene made some
> updates to Users Guide. Also: we probably should replace Accessibility
> Guide (which is the one written by  Sharon Snider for 2.0) by the one
> written by Irene for GNOME 2.2.

Pat adds:

As Eugene responded already, we are planning to put the updated 2.2.1 UG into
the http://www.gnome.org/learn/ page. The link to the UG on the
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2/ links into the .../learn page, so that will be
taken care of. The 2.2 GAG produced by Irene is already in the .../learn page as
well. Personally, I see no harm in leaving Sharon's GAG up on the page, as it is
clearly labelled as a 2.0 document.

> Finally: we might also add   "Intro to GNOME" which I just updated for
> 2.2, both to http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2 and to
> http://www.gnome.org/learn/
> You can view the HTML here:
> http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~kirillov/intro-to-gnome/
> (I can provide the tarball of html+figures)

> Jeff - what do you say? I know you are busy, but it shouldn't take long.

Pat adds:

Like Eugene has said in his earlier mail, we usually deal with Steve Fox about
putting stuff on .../learn.

> Sasha
>
> PS. Unrelated issue: at the bottom of the page
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.2
> it says "Previous releases" but instead contains links to GNOME on
> various platforms such as Solaris or SuSe

Pat adds:

Well, personally I think that previous releases is more-or-less correct,
although we could maybe change the header to "Other GNOME Releases" to make the
section even more of a catch-all.