Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing

Bill Haneman wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 15:56, Sander Vesik wrote:

Bill Haneman wrote:

Hello folks:

If you only have time to read one of the links I posted, please read the
AFB whitepaper; it's short and to the point.

Fixing this problem (or at least, attaining parity with Windows when it
comes to PDF accessibility) is high on the accessibility wish list.

Actually, sun is working on a xsl fo -> pdf processor called xmlroff that will be use "gnome" technologies like pango for the basis. AFAIK they are based on Ireland - the project's cvs lives on sourceforge.

I have talked to the project folks.  Dunno how public it is, but since
you've spilled the beans already ;-)

Somerthing that was announced at teh xml confrence, posted about to a couple of websites and is a project on sourceforge can't possibly be nonpublic. Besides, I heard about it from Owen, and he didn't say it was non-public 8-)

it currently can't do any accessibility, since it is based on a (hacked)
pdflib that has no accessibility support either.  So the content it
generates is "100% inaccessible" (at least with respect to so-called PDF
accessibility).

It sounds more like two distinct projects 8-)

I think almost all the work would need to be in the same library...so
maybe not.

I'd still think of the 'making accessible' part of the work onthe pdf display widget as conceptualy separate from pdflib enhancement

best regards,

Bill