Re: PDF output of the docs

Adrian Custer wrote:

Hello all,

I gather that for postscript/pdf output we need to have the images in
different format. Does .eps work for both?

Also, do the <mediaobjects> need to have a separte field for both png
and eps or is there some hack, like not specifying the format, that
makes the conversion tool pick the apporpriate format?

What tools enable conversion to pdf? The web site talks about cygnus
tools (link broken) and img2eps (link broken). I'll probably use gimp to
save in both png and eps but what tools go from xml to ps or to pdf?
AFAIK, *.png images are fine for all backend formats.
Transformation of docbook xml documents is done with

db2html doc.xml
db2pdf  doc.xml
db2tex  doc.xml
etc.

The docbook release used depends on distribution.
What Linux-Distribution are using?

Best regards,
Frank