Re: convert docbook xml to html

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 21:13, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:56:40PM -0600, Jacob Perkins wrote:
> > What is the best tool to do this?  I want to put an html version of my
> > help manual on the web, and I've tried using docbook2html and it really
> > doesn't cut it.
>
> You had better specify your requirements, then, since it's difficult to
> know what exactly "doesn't cut it". My gut reaction is to use xsltproc
> and customise something like the Norm Walsh stylesheets a bit, but maybe
> that isn't what you want. More info?

I was hoping to get output similar to you see with yelp.  docbook2html
is ok, but it doesn't always name the sections properly, the file names
are obscure, and there aren't any icons.  Also, I had some section
numbering previously that it couldn't deal with.

--
Jacob Perkins <jap1 users sourceforge net>
seahorse