Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Manual

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 10:31, Christian Rose wrote:
> This distinction I don't agree with. Typically real physical manuals are
> divided into chapters and first have a short introduction for basic
> usage, but then they go into finer detail and document details. AFAIK,
> we don't have the manual/document distinction you describe otherwhere in
> GNOME user documentation. Developer documentation is another issue.
>
> I suggest moving this and similar discussions on documentation-related
> matters not directly related GnomeMeeting to
> http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-doc-list/, as the people
> there have heavy experience in writing manuals and also can help with
> questions on organization, etc.

I'm with Christian here. We've not made the sort of manual/document
distinction you're describing above.

Our take on what should be in GNOME documentation and how it should be
set up is here:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/index.html

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead