Hi, Again!

Well, hi again!

Now, that I know that my subscription is OK, I'm ready to write a longer
introduction of myself :)
My name is Eric Jardim, and I am a Computer Science student from UFBa
(Bahia's Federal University : http//www.ufba.br ) located in Brazil, my
home country.
I'm 23 and although I started programing with 7 (Basic) and real
programing with 13 (C language), I'm very new to GNU/Free Software (let's
say I started 2 years ago). However, I am giving my best to counterbalance
my 'wasted years' :)
One of my personal goals is to work with at least one Free Software
project. I chosed the GNOME Project for several reasons, but I think the
most important reason was that I belive a good computer graphical
interface is fundamental for new and unexperienced users.
Well, if you have any questions about me, you're welcome to ask. But I
hope that humble introduction can give a feeling about myself.
But let's talk about the job. I'm here to help with the GNOME
Documentation Project. I had in mind making a tutorial or something like
that, on how to make GUI applications, GNOME 2 ready. It would be divided
in lessons that get more complex with evolution of the reading. Also
inside the lessons I imagined introducing important concepts when
developing applications, and I could have a lesson dedicated to a simple
introduction to the autoconf, automake and libtool tools, and how they
could make the work easier. Also comment about CVS and gettext. The idea
is NOT being specific on a tool or a library. I think this could help new
developers a lot!
However, I'm also interested in help the project with it's major
priorities.  I think I am talking too much :) I also want to know from you
what do I have to read and study before starting my job.

Hope to hear from you soon,

[Eric Jardim] Please guide me, because I'm little lost yet :)