Re: Build/release query (was Communication)

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 09:22, Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> > changes were committed to the Users guide module that
> > prevented me from releasing it with some newly written documentation.
>
> Do you mean that changes to the gnome2-user-guide location in the
> gnome-user-docs module prevented you from releasing other documents
> in the gnome-user-docs module?
>
> If so, could you explain how this stopped you releasing so that
> I can avoid doing this again? Does the entire gnome-user-docs
> module have to be built and released at the same time?
>
> I understand how the changes I committed at that time broke the
> User Guide, but I don't understand the connection with other
> documents in the gnome-user-docs module.

The gnome-user-docs module contains several other docs besides the users
guide (which I'm sure you're aware of). When that module is build it
uses build files that incorporate all of the docs. For the GNOME2
release the only docs in the module that were being built was the
gnome2-user-guide written by Sun. Shortly after that the
introduction-to-gnome document was updated and I was adding it to the
build to do a release. Sun had proposed some changes to Scrollkeeper to
make the list of categories a bit more sane, but somehow this hadn't
resulted in a new release of scrollkeeper that could use the changes.
before I was trying to do the release. The gnome2-user-guide OMF files
were updated to use the new changes before the new scrollkeeper release
which prevented me from releasing a new gnome-user-docs that had the
updated introduction-to-gnome document. It was simply a matter of the
timing of the changes, not that the changes themselves were incorrect.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit