Re: Desk Guide help doesn't say what it's GOOD FOR!

> > My system doesn't seem to have any of those confusing "multiple screens"
> > or "viewports" or whatever the various window managers call them.  Therefore
> > I think this Desk Guide thing is useless.  Somehow Red Hat 7.3 makes it
> > burn up my screen space anyway.  I have no idea why.  I will remove it.
> > I thought I should tell you so you could put something in the documentation
> > about why this useless thing is sitting on your screen.
> >

> So if the introductory section were to include some sort of a line to this
> effect - "If you only have one viewport/workspace/desktop, Desk Guide is of no
> use and should be removed", would that solve the first need here?
>

> > PS:  The detailed info about what the cryptic "Properties" boxes do was
> > useful; don't remove it.  But add an overview for somebody who's never
> > seen this thing before, that answers the obvious questions like "What
> > use is this whole thing?"
>
> The cryptic properties have been substantially uncrypticized in the most
> recent GNOME. But yeah, some sort of explanation or reference to how to get
> windows/viewports/desktops if you want more might be useful.

Are we talking about the Workspace Switcher in this thread? There is an overview
discussion in the Introduction section of the applet Help. Also, in the
Preferences section there is a line about changing the number of workspaces with
this applet. Therefore, even if your initial setup only has one workspace, you
cannot say that the Workspace Switcher is no use, because you can use the applet
to add more workspaces. Before I go and change the Help, I would like to be sure
that this feedback refers to the Workspace Switcher applet, and the Workspace
Switcher Applet Manual V2.2.

Pat