Re: translation size

On 5 Sep 2002, John Fleck wrote:

> Folks -
> We will face a new (and good) problem soon, when the Sun team starts
> making available a multitude of translations. My question involves size:
> if simply included in the tarballs, will these add significantly to
> their size? Is there an alternative that would allow users to pull down
> tarballs only for their language of choice?
> Has this already been thought through?

I think the indidvidual docs won't in most cases add a significant amount
of bloat to worry about in most cases - but really, how do we determine
the 'significant amount'? A much larger peoblem is of course the user
guide, especially as it has significant amounts of images that will
difenately have no overlap.

Maybe we should invent localized docs packs ? And should english be
special case in that case?