Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Communication]]

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your mail. Why didn't you announce that you were going to do a
putback which was inter-related with the User Guide. Communication is for
everyone, not just for the Sun team.

The point that I'm making is that apart from the Doctable, no-one seems to be
very sharp in making announcements about updates. Not just the Sun team. Let's
see a new approach of open communication from everybody.

Pat

> Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Communication]]
> To: Gnome Doc list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
>
> I wanted to reply to this thread, as I too have seen both the wonderful
> contributions from Sun, as when they updated the Users Guide after I did
> it for 1.4, and also a disappointing lack of communication, as when a
> few weeks ago changes were committed to the Users guide module that
> prevented me from releasing it with some newly written documentation. I
> think that this new approach by the Sun team would be one I would favor
> as I for one appreciate being given an opportunity to voice my opinion
> in things, even if its only to say, 'thats great, go for it!'
> It may be worthwhile to also say here, that often I have seen in
> communications over the net, be it on irc, email, newsgroups, etc, that
> people can build up a head of steam over the most innocuous of things.
> Please try to remember that an email that seems to be attacking you
> could in another light just be a suggestion and step back for a while to
> consider the true intent of it.
>
> Chris
>
> On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 02:29, Pat Costello wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Thanks for your diplomatic reply to Eric's postings.
> >
> > >From the start of our involvement with the GNOME project, the Sun
documentation
> > team knew that we were in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't situation.
In