Re: summarizing docs-on-the-web discussion

<eugene oconnor sun com> wrote:
Re:Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:29:31 +0-100
Re:If the HIG is going to be in there, perhaps the Style Guide should be
Re:in there also?
Re:
Re:Eugene
Re:
Re:"Malcolm Tredinnick" <malcolm commsecure com au> wrote:
Re:>Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:08:27 +1000
Re:>
Re:>> developer docs
Re:>  :
Re:>  :
Re:>  :
Re:>	HIG

Not being partisan or anything but I think that the GNOME Documentation Style Guide should be the primary
piece of documentation that we make available on the web in the various multiple formats. All other items of
documentation, or at the very least all items of user documentation, should follow the GDSG. Also, the GDSG
is probably the most comprehensive free software style guide in the world, therefore we should showcase the
book. Another reason for getting the GDSG out there and more visible right away is that there is a lot of
material in the guide that directly influences both UI design and engineering implementation of the UI,
applications and applets. Let's get this book up first and then follow through with the rest, I vote.

Another thing that I wish for: it would be nice if we could have the index functionality working for the
user guide in the pdf format when it goes up on the web.

Also, one of the queries that started off this very fruitful discussion was a request for a print facility
from Help. Would we still need to include a Print button in Yelp? Or is the strategy of making
documentation, including Help, available through the web an answer to that request?

Pat