GNOME Documentation Style Guide V0.3 now available.]]
- From: Pat Costello <patrickcostello eircom net>
- To: gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: GNOME Documentation Style Guide V0.3 now available.]]
- Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:41:29 +0100
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: GNOME Documentation Style Guide V0.3 now available.]
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:34:07 +0100
From: Pat Costello <patrickcostello eircom net>
To: gnome-doc-list gnome org, gep-announce gnome org, usability gnome org
Pat, Eugene and Irene have undertaken a major revision of the GNOME
Documentation Style Guide. The xml files are now in CVS, and the
finished result for GDSG V0.3 is available at the following location:
Some of the major differences between V0.2 and V0.3:
- Converted old sgml document into xml.
- Converted old single file document with subsections into a proper book
structure with chapters for easier access for multiple writers.
- Added comments from community about V0.2.
- Added some new sections, notably:
Building blocks, writing for guis, accessibility, legal, units appendix
- Updated the wordlist with quite a few new terms. As we uncovered new
terms we defined them and put them into the wordlist. Eugene will follow
up with a mail indicating the latest new terms.
The contents of the GDSG are largely based on our experiences of
documenting around 30 or so applets and applications for Help manuals,
as well as the entire GNOME 2.0 desktop UI for the user guide. The GDSG
should be fairly comprehensive, therefore, but there is always a
possibility that we have left something out. Please let me know if you
know of something else that should be covered in the style guide, or any
other comments that you might have.
I have sent this announcement to a wider distribution than just the
documentation community, as the topics in the style guide are now quite
broad, and have many linkages with different parts of the GNOME project.
] [Thread Prev