Re: Desktop Description Needed

John Boyer says:

> Hello,
>
> I've been reading Sharon's accessibility guide. The accessibility features
> of Gnome are very impressive, and I'm very happy about them. In reading
> the Guide, however, I found that i needed more information on the Gnome
> desktop to understand everything. I am totally blind, so a description of
> the desktop and an explanation of what the various things on it are would
> be very hrlpful. The Accessibility Guide does contain some brief
> descriptions, but it would be very nice to have a document that describes
> the desktop in detail. Does such a document already exist? If not, what
> are the procedures for requesting it?

Hi John,

The most recent version that I can find on the GNOME website of the GNOME 2.0
User Guide is at the following location:

http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.0/

This manual was posted on 11 July, and is dated May 2002, so we need to put up a
more recent version. Nevertheless, there is a lot of material in this document
that is relevant.

In the meantime, perhaps Eugene O'Connor (user guide author) and Steve Fox
(webmaster) might want to look at putting up a more recent html version? Eugene,
maybe you want to send John a zip file of the latest version that you have?

Pat