Re: GStreamer things

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 06:52, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Does it have user documentation yet? Or do we need to make sure it gets
> > added to the list of new stuff that needs docs?
>
> Hey,
>
> good point, no, it doesn't.  How does one start by documenting it - ie,
> what sort of documentation does it need ?

The easiest thing to do is look at the docs in one of the packages,
usually in a directory called help. For example:

gnome-utils/gcalc/help/C

The main help file there is gnome-calculator.xml, which is in DocBook.
Details on documentation style are in the GDP style guide:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/

There are usually folks on #docs who can help, or gnome-doc-list (and a
friendly note there might even get a volunteer to help with all all of
this :-)

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead