Re: Use of the copyright symbol.

Patrick,

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 08:35:32PM +0000, Pat Costello wrote:
> The suggestion that I made was as follows:
>
> Copyright [copyright date] [copyright owner]
>
> Are you saying that the use of the "c in a circle" symbol is also
> required in the UCC context, even if the word "Copyright" is used? If
> that is the case, then I can request the Sun legal eagles for some legal
> advice.

Yes. My understanding is that "c in a circle" (the copyright symbol) is
required by the UCC, but it's not usually necessary these days since
most countries are Bern signatories or WTO members.

However, I think that legal advice is required if we can get some. I
also don't want us to wander down a path where the above format may not
be good enough for some people, due to their local laws (I'm mean that I
don't know and international laws are so varied).

Malcolm

--
Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.