GNOME on Solaris Accessibility Guide.

Just to let everyone know, the Sun documentation team - mainly Irene, with
editorial review from Pat - are working on a GNOME on Solaris Accessibility
Guide.

We need to have a reasonable first version of the guide ready by the end of
November/beginning December 2002. As this book will go through the Sun
publishing processes and appear as a printed book, we are using Solbook SGML and
internal tools to develop the book. Solbook is a variant of DocBook, and of
course we will create a full xml version as soon as we have met all of our
immediate Sun deliverable requirements. We are not quite sure at this stage how
much of the book will be generic and how much will be Solaris-specific.

We do want to develop the book openly however, and we do want to make the
sources available for others to use. So, although we are focusing on the Solaris
guide right now, Irene will make available all work, including drafts of the
Solaris guide and engineering inputs, for public sharing. Irene will convert her
SolBook drafts to XML regularly and post the drafts in gnome/cvs.

There are already some related engineering input documents in the gnome/cvs area
at the following location:

        gnome-docu/gdp/contrib/accessibility

Please let us know if you have any comments on our developing drafts, and if you
have any ideas for things that we might consider including in this accessibility
guide.

Pat