Re: bug-buddy docs

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 06:40:39AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> Folks -
>
> Kevin Conder, who did some updating on the bug-buddy docs, has gone on
> to other projects and is working on them no more. It'd be great if
> someone could pick them up and make sure they're up to date.

I am willing to take on this project and update the documentation to bug-buddy.
Upon first glance at the docs it seems like the overall structure of the UI
has changed in bug-buddy.  The OMF file looks okay and the docs look well
written, but are definitely dated.  Some major revision to the documentation
is going to happen.

> It might be especially good if someone could connect with Luis and see
> what might be useful to include in the docs to enhance the bug reports
> we get.

Yes, that would be a good thing.  It seems like bug-buddy already does a good
job of providing the bug reporter with a standard template.  The one thing I
didn't see was a place to fill out the OS information.  It probably will be
retrieved from the bug reporter's computer, but there are usually some
specific information the bug reporter should include like how they're building
the product (if from CVS or garnome or directly from tarballs).  When GNOME 2
is released and packaged this will become a minor point for Slackware and BSD
users only, but it is still something to consider.

Eric Baudais