Re: setting fonts for Yelp

On 24 May 2002, Alexander Kirillov wrote:

> Hi guys:
> can any one tell me if there is a way a user can specify fonts to be
> used by Yelp? On my system, it uses ridiculously small font sizes.
> AFAIK, Yelp uses Gtkhtml2, but I couldn't find anywhere a  configuration
> dialog which would allow changing fonts used by it. In fact, even the
> dialog for setting Gtkhtml1 fonts is gone in GNOME 2. Looks like a
> serious problem to me  - and my vision is reasonably good.
>
> At least, can I do it by changing some  values
>  using gconf editor?

There are two ways - the correct way and the present way. The correct way
(yelp font, font size, font colour, background colour follow ftk theme)
depends on a patch that has been sitting in bugzilla for a week being
applied. In the presnt way, you have to hand-edit the stylesheet - there
really isn't an alternative to picking a 'mostly works on a variety of
displays' default at present before the gtkhtml2 patch goes in.

I really don't have time to maintain gtkhtml2, but i might try looking at
it over teh weekend as a stop-gap measure.

> Sasha

	Sander

	you'll rescue me right?
	in the exact same way that they never did
	i'll be happy right?
	when your healing powers kick in