Re: Changing Yelp to use GtkHtml1 instead of GtkHtml2

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 02:00:17PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Mikael Hallendal">
>
> > So either we can ship a yelp with an html widget that we know before hand
> > is broken or we can ship yelp with a html widget that we can at least try
> > to fix.
>
> ... or we can ship 2.0.x (where x is a smallish number or one) with
> gtkhtml1, after adequate testing and integration across the components that
> use it. We're very close to release, so changing this now doesn't do us any
> favours when trying to keep our schedule intact.
>
> However, by all accounts, it does sound like the best strategy soon after
> 2.0.0.

Well, if testing is the issue, the amount of testing that actually
involves the gtkhtml2 component of Yelp is vanishingly near to zero
right now, so from that perspective we're not losing a lot of active
testing by making the switch.

Cheers,
John

--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"You don't want to die with the music still in you."
 - John Gardner